Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Today!

I started today by cutting squares that are 3 1/2 inches square from the cream broadcloth.

Then I cut each of the squares in half.

I placed the triangles over the print to be sewn like shown in the picture.

I sewed a cream colored triangle on each of the 4 Fresh Cottons print triangles.

This is now starting to look like a block.

I pressed each block in preparation for trimming.

I trimmed one side and then the opposite side so it measured 8 inches across.  Then I trimmed the last 2 sides.
Here is the finished result, a perfect 8 inch square.  I made 17 of these for the center of the quilt.

1 comment:

The Schauerhamers said...

I take it you showing us the process has something to do with the process pledge? I am liking it. THen I know how to do all of these amazing quiltes. I can't wait to see this one finished. It will be beautiful and really cute! I'm also excited to see how you will quilt it. Keep the processes coming!

01 09 10