Wednesday, July 21, 2010

More of the Process

I worked on the next set of blocks last night and this morning.

Instead of having four cream triangles on each corner there are three and then one of the red dot print.  I made 14 of these, they will go along with the 17 blocks that I made the other day totaling 31 blocks.

Next, I put together these red and cream half square triangles.

I sewed two together and then

A third.

It's time to trim again so I got out my template.

After trimming it looks like this.

I then started sewing triangles on the three corners,  two red and one cream.
I trimmed again so all the sides were straight.

I used my long ruler to measure 1/4 inch past the center and then cut off
 the excess fabric.
I have 16 of these to finish trimming tomorrow.  I made 18.

I will start putting it all together tomorrow.  This is what the bottom right corner will look like.

No comments:

01 09 10