Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Okay, I Promise!

No more "Wonderland" quilts for a while.  It just happens that when I was looking for the "Honey Buns" last week I stumbled upon these "Layer Cake" squares left over from this quilt. I decided it was time to do something with them.

 A while ago I had watched this video about making pinwheels, so I tried it with the layer cake squares.  It was amazing how fast I was able to make all of the hst for this quilt.  I was going to make  a pinwheel quilt but I really wanted to try something new.

I remembered that there was a tutorial over at "Diary of a Quilter" for Hourglass blocks.  I followed it and this is the result.  This quilt top measures 36 x 42. The perfect size for a new baby.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

I love this! A baby will look adorable wrapped up in it!

01 09 10