Friday, May 4, 2012

Mission Accomplished!

My goal was one a day for nine days.
Here they are, the completed "Swoon" blocks.  I love how the different colors make each block unique.
As I finished each block it became my new favorite.  To be honest I don't think I could choose which one I like best.  I love them all.

 I had to be very particular in pressing each part of the block as it was finished.  As you can see, each square was pressed the opposite way so the seams would notch together.
There were many places where corners of squares and triangles needed to meet just right.  I got most of them to look pretty nice.

The challenge with the flying geese blocks was to make sure that I didn't cut off any of the points by sewing my seams too wide.

So, now I add the white sashing and it should end up being 80 x 80.  I might make it a little larger by widening the sashing.
I can't wait to put this on our bed.

1 comment:

Whit said...

I love it. It will really brighten up your room.

01 09 10