Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A Future Quilter and a Christmas Quilt!

Lily decided to find out what this machine is all about. (not) She just wanted to play around.

I think she just stuffed a pencil in the tube that holds the batting roll.


Meanwhile, Lily's grandmother(my sister Shelley) was busy quilting this cute Christmas quilt.

Shelley was very ambitious, she quilted Christmas trees and stars in the blue border,and holly leaves and holly berries in the red borders.  In the center she quilted a large stipple pattern and individually quilted each appliqued star. 

2 comments:

Stacy said...

It's great to have future quilters around to help out! Love what Shelley did on her quilt. The quilting keeps stepping up, I wonder if I will ever have the guts to do my own!

Alan and Shelley said...

I think i was more " nuts" than anything to attempt what i did. However, after completing it, i do like it more than i thought i would, just like you said i would. I think it is the relief of having another project done. It was so great spending the two weeks with all of you.

01 09 10