Friday, March 11, 2011

Ann's Quilt

My Aunt asked me to do the quilting on this beautiful quilt that she made for her bed.  I was nervous about starting because I didn't want to mess it up.

I quilted a continuous curve pattern in the pieced blocks and

a circle feather in the floral blocks.


I love the back, she could put either side up on the bed.

Here is a closer view of the quilting on the borders, shown from the back.  I free-handed circles in the narrow green border and I quilted ribbons in the wider pink border.

This whole quilt was done free-hand.  I did use a template to draw a circle with water soluble marker, then I followed the circular line.  A quick spritz of water and the marker was gone. 

Ann loves the quilt, I'm glad.

1 comment:

Tomodachi said...

Mom does love the quilt. She said she just loves the feathers and circles. Thanks for doing that for her! Adela

01 09 10