Thursday, June 3, 2010

A Quilt for Lydia!

A few months ago Miranda informed me that she wanted to make a quilt for Amber's (sister-in-law) baby girl that is coming in July.  I happened to be going to Salt Lake so Whitney and I dropped in at Pine Needles and we saw this very sweet quilt that gave me this idea.  We picked out about 10 fat quarters of similar colors, and of course I already had white fabric.

The next time Miranda and her husband came home for a visit I drew out a pattern for her and cut the squares from the fat quarters and she started sewing.  She got the quilt top together in just a couple of hours.  She and Brooks went home to Cedar City and left the quilt with me to quilt.

    The quilting is one of my first attempts at this swirly pattern.  I love the brightness of this quilt.  Some of the prints are very modern and they make me think "citrus".  The top picture is of the completed quilt.   I hope Amber and baby Lydia love the quilt. 

3 comments:

Marit said...

A very pretty and fresh quilt for a precious baby girl.
I love the simplicity of the pattern, and how well it showcases the fabric - great quilt!

Thank you for your kind comment, too..

; )

Anne Adele said...

I really love the colors, especially for a summer baby. And in dull dark winter it will brighten up any room that it is in. I think that you are getting that quilting perfected.

Ben, Tana, B.A., and Dirk said...

I absolutely love everything about it. Amber is going to love it too. So cute!

01 09 10