Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Nicey Jane Quilt Top

On Saturday I finished putting the borders on this quilt of Miranda's.  This is the first queen size quilt top that she has completed.


I tried to give you a good idea of the whole quilt but the wind kept blowing.
Please ignore the weeds under our deck.




She used the blue and green prints from the Nicey Jane collection by Heather Bailey. She said she made this quilt for her husband because it is so "boyish". Guess I raised my daughters right if they think Nicey Jane fabric is "boyish". The quilt top pattern is from the 2010 Spring Quilts and More magazine.  The pattern in the magazine is for a twin and because she wanted a queen she added extra rows and an extra border.  The freshness of these prints is what makes this such a nice quilt.  I'm still trying to decide how I will quilt this for her.

No comments:

01 09 10