Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Quilts Galore!


I decided to do a cobblestone pattern on the charcoal and pink quilt. When Miranda picked up the fabric at JoAnn's in St. George I looked at the color and vaguely remembered having thread to match.  Not so.  When we got home the closest we could find was this "Eggplant" color from Connecting Threads.   I think it looks great but the problem was that I had just one spool.  I wound three bobbins and then threaded the quilting machine.  One bobbin didn't even get me through the first row. I had to un- thread the machine three times to wind more bobbins. I ended up using ten bobbins on this quilt because of the close pattern.





Miranda was home this week and wanted to do some quilting on the long arm also. I looked away for five minutes and before I knew it she had "chalked up" her quilt.
I really hope this washes out.

She finished quilting it without the pink lines  and it looks very cute.  Pictures will be coming soon.

She also made this quilt with Nicey Jane scraps.  I will be quilting it tomorrow.

Aren't these beautiful fat quarters.  They are from the Amy Butler "Love" collection.
We've got a lot of projects going right now.  Keep posted for final pictures.

2 comments:

The Schauerhamers said...

Gosh! keep me hangin! I'm really anxious to see the final results on the quilts you two have quilted. I really like the Amy Butler fabric too and I am wishing more than ever that we lived closer together. I feel like I'm missing out on something special and I don't know quite how to handle it! I may have to make a trip down sometimes soon! :)

Bridget Martinelli said...

Hi I am a quilter also. I live in Merced, CA. I like your work, it is beautiful.. check out my blog to see the quilts, papercrafts, & gardening that I do. .

01 09 10