Sunday, May 2, 2010

Miranda's Graduation Gift!

I'll bet you thought I had taken a break from completing a quilt.  I hadn't.  My project was top secret.  When Miranda and I attended the local quilt show together we saw a quilt like this that was being raffled off. She loved it.  Just by accident a few weeks later, Sew Sweet Quilts sent me an e mail about Simple Abundance being on sale.  I checked it out and recognized the fabric, saw this pattern and knew I had to make it for her.

It took me one full day to do the applique.  It shouldn't take that long, I was just slow.

I absolutely love the fabrics in this collection.  In fact, my daughter Whitney had chosen one of the fabrics to make a skirt earlier in the fall.

I quilted it in a simple back and forth pattern alternating side to side or up and down every other block.  The border was quilted in a loopty loop pattern.


Sorry for the bad picture,  This is the special label.  If you can't read it, it says
Handmade by Jennifer Fauver
For Miranda 
Presented on May 1, 2010
In honor of graduation from
Southern Utah University

2 comments:

Whit said...

I think the quilt is super cute, and even cuter in person. Now, I need to learn how to appliqué. I'll have to make something this next week and have you post it on the blog. Have fun quilting this week.

sara said...

That quilt is super cute and I agree with Whit. Even cuter in real life. The label is a nice touch. Are you putting them on all of your creations? I might have to make me one up for my quilts.

01 09 10