Saturday, June 16, 2012

X Marks the Spot!

 Monday evening I started the first block for this quilt.  I didn't have a pattern so I just improvised after reading a couple of tutorials for similar looking quilts.  I used 30 layer cake squares and 30 charm pack squares for the blocks.

 The fabric is "Strawberry Fields" by Fig Tree Quilts, designed by Joanna Figueroa.  The setting and corner triangles are "Fig Tree" cream.

 I cut each layer cake square into 4 five inch squares and then added the matching charm pack square for each X.

The inner border finished at 3 inches and the outer border will finish at 6 inches.
The quilt measures 83 x 95.  This is a perfect summer quilt, in fact it looks perfect for a picnic because of the gingham but alas that will never happen, we will not be eating on this quilt.

3 comments:

sara said...

I love the colors on this quilt. They look great together. Who is it for? Or is it just one for the collectio?

Jennifer said...

This is another one for me. I have started one for Whitney from the same fabric collection but a different pattern. She loves the colors also.

Jennifer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
01 09 10