Monday, June 18, 2012

Late Wedding Gift

 I finished Miranda (daughter) and Aldo's wedding quilt today.

 It measures 90 x 90 and has a backing made up of two twin size Ikea flat white sheets.

 The batting is an 80/20 cotton-poly blend and it has been washed and dried in a delicate cycle with a Shout Color Catcher sheet so the red didn't bleed onto the white.

I did a simple stipple quilting pattern because I felt like the fabric and cute pattern is the main focus of this quilt.  The binding is a gray print from the Ruby collection.  Of course Ruby is a fabric from the fabulous Bonnie and Camille.  This quilt is soft and cuddly and I know Miranda will love it.

1 comment:

The Schauerhamers said...

I love them both, this one and the X marks the spot. I love the colors and wish I could whip one out for my bed. That will have to be after the baby's born, I have no energy now... I'm sure Miranda and Aldo will love it on their bed in their new house!

01 09 10