Saturday, September 24, 2011

This Week's Project!

 I've had the pattern and fabric for this project for a while,  it's been sitting in one of my fabric closets.  The pattern is called Cameos and the fabric is Mill House Inn, both are by Fig Tree and Co.  The green inner round is actually left over from the Fresh Cottons fabric I had for the Saltwater Taffy quilt.(also designed by Joanna Figueroa of Fig Tree and Co.)  figtreequilts.com
The pattern is for a lap size quilt but I wanted to make this one a queen size for our bed so I bought extra fabric because I need 42 cameos instead of 20.

 I started out with rectangles and then added a square to each corner then trimmed.

 I then pressed each corner out flat

 and added the top and bottom, then the sides and

 trimmed the corners again.

 Now it's time to open the Honeybun (I used 2)
and add another round.

 Here is one of the finished cameos,  isn't it pretty?

 I have finished 20 of these and have 22 more finished except for the 3rd round.  I had no idea these would be so time consuming, though I know once this quilt is finished it will be well worth the time and effort.

This is only part of what I have trimmed off of the corners.

1 comment:

sara said...

I love this pattern. I have seen a few others like it. I love the colors you used. Hope you had fun in So. Utah.

01 09 10