Friday, January 21, 2011

Lily and Will Borders

 I started this morning by cutting 4 strips 2 inches wide.  I then measured the width of my quilt and cut  2 of the strips of  brown fabic to the same length.(Notice my new cutting mat, it was a Christmas present to myself)

 I sewed those strips to the top and the bottom of the quilt.  Then I pressed the seams down and this time measured the sides of the quilt and cut the last 2 strips of brown fabric to that length.

 I sewed the brown onto the sides and pressed   Now my inner border is finished.

 I then cut 4 strips of 5 1/2 inch wide pink plaid.  I measured the top and bottom of the quilt and cut 2 strips of plaid to that length.

 I pinned them very well and sewed the top and bottom and then pressed.

 Now it looks like this,  I measured the sides again and cut the last 2 strips of plaid to that length.  Then sewed them one to each side.

Here it is, all ready to be quilted. 

To answer Stacy's question from yesterday's comments.  I like to press the seams to opposite sides because when you lay the seams together they fit really well and lay down flat.  Some people prefer to press their seams open and that's alright too.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Some baby will look adorable wrapped up in this!

01 09 10