Friday, January 14, 2011

And Finally...Saltwater Taffy

Do you remember this quilt?  It has been in the quilting pile for months.  I finally finished it yesterday.

This view from the back looks like a stained-glass window.

The Fresh Cottons fabrics from Fig Tree Quilt Co. were so fun to work with. 

The pattern is called "Salt Water Taffy" by Joanna Figueroa.  The dimensions are 54 by 64, and the batting is 80/20 cotton poly.


When I was deciding how to quilt this I thought about what taffy looks like and I remembered one of my favorite flavors was pink with brown swirls.  Therefore I quilted swirls.

I chose one of the green prints from the Fresh Cottons collection for the back and a brown floral for the binding.  I know it might seem strange but I love the browns in this fabric collection because they remind me of my favorite chocolate pudding.  My family will know which one I'm talking about, the one from the Lion House Cookbook.

This is the first quilt that I have made for myself (that's my story and I'm sticking to it). I love, love, love it.
Now that this is done, my quilting que is empty.  I don't have anything to quilt until I get another quilt top finished.  I'd better get busy...... making some of that pudding.

4 comments:

Stacy said...

So pretty!

The Schauerhamers said...

I love it! I am currently deciding on how to do my next quilt. All I know is that it has to be all Dr. Seuss, if you have any ideas please send them my way! The fabric is by Robert Kaufman and there are so many to choose from I don't know which direction to go. I'm stuck in a quandry. I may have to wait three weeks till I find out the gender of the baby but Dr. Seuss can be pretty gender neutral. Anyway Love the quilt and way to go making one for yourself. You deserve this one for sure!

sara said...

I love that quilt. I love the colors most of all. I love how you quilted it so tight. It looks great. I can add a quilt to your queue. I have one that I am trying to get done for my Bishop and his wife. I will be working on it tomorrow and I was hoping to get it to you before too long.

Alan and Shelley said...

I think that quilt is my favorite of all your quilts. I love the back view and have a good idea for something like that. And I like the quilting too. Nice work.

01 09 10