Thursday, April 26, 2012

Swoon!

 I first saw the "Swoon" pattern by Camille Roskelley last May on her blog. (Simplify)  It was love at first sight.
I bought  a" Ruby" collection fat quarter pack last October just for this project.  Yesterday I finally got started.  I set a goal to make one of these blocks each day (except Sunday) until all 9 are finished.

 This blue and gray one was my first block made yesterday.  These are a lot bigger than one would think.  They measure 24 1/2 inches right now.

Here they are together, tomorrow it is a gray and red block.  These are all made up of half square triangles and flying geese blocks and even though they take awhile I think the end result is worth it.  They are beautiful.

2 comments:

Alan and Shelley said...

Nice. I'm trying to figure out how big they are. They look huge and nine of them in the same quilt? I do like the pattern and pretty fabrics.

liz and dennis said...

yes, they are so reminiscent of a star quilt. very cool

01 09 10