Monday, August 1, 2011

Disappearing Nine Patch!

 I started with six or seven Verna Charm Packs.  I arranged the 5 inch squares into 9 patches and sewed them together row by row.  I ended up with 30 of these blocks.

 I pressed the seams of the outside rows out and the middle row in so the seams would notch together.

 The nine patch is a 14 inch block so I cut it in half at 7 inches.

 I turned it and cut again at 7 inches.  This is the disappearing nine patch block. 
 Because I started out with 30 nine patch blocks, I now have 120 seven inch blocks.
I plan for this quilt to be 10 blocks across and 12 blocks down.  It should end up a twin size.


To lay out your quilt you put 4 of the patches together like this.  Arrange them so no seams are meeting.  It should look something like this.  I'll post more pictures when I have it all put together.

No comments:

01 09 10