Thursday, May 5, 2011

Poetry Scrap Quilt!

 My husband's niece is expecting a baby girl at the end of May and I knew that I wanted to make her a quilt.  I decided to use scraps from the Scottish Star quilt that I made for Banner a couple of years ago.

I used fabrics from April Cornell's Poetry collection from Moda.

I cut the fabric into 56 five inch squares

 and sewed them together into strips then sewed the strips together.



I had some pieces left over from the mitered borders on Banner's quilt so I used them on each of the corners of this quilt.(lower left square)

I quilted this in a swirly pattern with yellow thread on the front.

The quilt measures 32 X 37 and has a polyester batting in case of frequent washing.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

I love this quilt, okay I always say that! But this is so cute! Wishing I could hold a baby snuggled up in this quilt!

01 09 10