Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Watermelon Chic!

 I found this cute kit at JoAnn's in Cedar City this weekend.  When I got it home I decided that I wanted the quilt to be a bit larger. 

I used fabric from my stash for some of the blocks and the back and binding.


The kit came with some very cute fabrics.  I wasn't sure about quilting on chenille so I just sewed a diagonal line from corner to corner of those blocks and stippled the rest.


I used an 80/20 cotton poly batting.


 After I finished binding the quilt I washed it for my favorite crinkled look.


The quilt measures 36X36 and is now ready to be given away at a baby shower this weekend.

2 comments:

sara said...

Who is the lucky person that gets this cute little quilt. I have never dared quilt on chenille. Only stitch in the ditch. It looks nice and cozy

trish said...

Oh how cute!! I love your quilt.
Sincerely, Trish

01 09 10