Tuesday, December 7, 2010

A Special Commission!




Almost 7 years ago, my cousin Jake was killed in an accident at the mine where he worked.  He was only 29 years old. He left behind his wife Julie and 3 little boys and another one on the way.  This summer, Julie asked me if I would make a quilt for each of the boys out of their father's clothes.  I will be posting pictures of the quilts for the next few days.  Above are pictures of quilt #1.  I used Jake's cotton print shirts to put together this Turning Twenty quilt.  The border fabric and back are a red check print from American Jane's Wee Play.  I quilted it in the retro squares pattern which is a good pattern for boys.  As those of you who regularly read this blog know,  I haven't much experience with quilts for boys, my eyes are naturally drawn to girlie prints and colors.  I tried really hard to keep these masculine but colorful.  I hope the boys will approve and love their special quilts.

1 comment:

Whit said...

I know they will enjoy their quilts very much. They are very masculine, so foreign for our family.

01 09 10