Saturday, October 23, 2010

Favorite Dishrag!

This is a good pattern for those who are just learning to knit.
I remember watching my mother knit these never dreaming one day I would actually learn to knit and make some for myself.  I'm sharing the pattern below for those of you that would like to give it a try.

Requirements
1 ball of knit worsted weight cotton, 50 gm size
Size 9 to 10 1/2 needles

Directions
Cast on 4 stitches
Row 1: Knit one row
Row 2: Knit 2, Yarn Over, Knit to the end of the row
Repeat row 2 until there are 40 stitches
Next row: Knit one, Knit 2 together, Yarn over, Knit 2 together, knit to the end of the row
Continue decreasing until 4 stitches are left. Cast off.

2 comments:

liz and dennis said...

jenny, i'm impressed by that. you'd better watch out, knitting is as addictive as quilting. i hope miranda gets hers done too.

Miranda Gutierrez said...

I'm sitting here right now trying to finish it, but I don't understand the directions. Knitting terms are not my thing. I can't figure out how to decrease.

01 09 10