Thursday, September 16, 2010

My Sister's Quilt!

Actually, it is not my sister's quilt because she gave it away but she made it.  My youngest sister is Sara.  She loves to make quilts for her nieces and nephews.  Our nephew Noah was married to Becky in May of 2009 and this was Sara's gift to them.

I think the colors are absolutely wonderful.  Sara doesn't usually use collections like I do to get the colors right.  She hand picks each individual fabric for the effect that it gives to the quilt top.  She has even been told she has "the eye".  Aren't Noah and Becky lucky to have such a lovely quilt to put on their bed? 

4 comments:

Becky said...

And we LOVE that quilt. We've been sleeping with it on us for the last month or so. :)

Anne Adele said...

It is so beautiful. I've never seen it til now. I believe she has the "eye."

The Schauerhamers said...

I have fond memories of this quilt, even though it may have made me go into labor. :)

sara said...

I am so glad that you highlighted that quilt. I love that quilt too. I love it because it makes me think o an old pioneer quilt. Even though it was a very basic quilt those triangles were difficult to piece. It was a lot of trial and error. And I do believe it may have been half the reason Morgan went into early labor. The other reason was the darn miniature cupcakes. That was quite a day.

01 09 10