Friday, April 9, 2010

Quilting for Teenagers!

My niece Kelsie and her friend Erica each pieced a quilt for their Knowledge Value Project.  I offered to do the quilting for them.  This one is Kelsie's.

I used a variegated thread on the back because it matched most of the colors on the front.


This one is Erica's.  I quilted it with black thread on the front and green on the back
I used a retro squares pattern on both of the quilts for the quilt design.


The quilts are now ready to head back to Salt Lake where the girls will put on the binding.  I hope this was a good experience and that these quilts will be just the first of many for both girls.

2 comments:

Stacy said...

I love them. I can't wait for the girls to see them. Thank you, thank you! I will be so glad to sign off on this project that they started a year ago. Yes, a year ago.

Anne Adele said...

The quilts look great. I hope that the girls realized how fun quilting can be. They will be able to look at these quilts years and they can have pride in what they have accomplished. I hope that it has been a good introduction to the fun of quilting.

01 09 10